All 3 wines listed below are stocked by Athos, and are sold internationally and may be available through your local Wine Merchant:
- Chateau La Voulte Gasparet, AOC Corbieres
- Chateau Ollieux Romanisse, AOC Corbieres
- Borie du Maurel, AOC Minervois (Belle de Nuit or Cuvee Syllah)
Athos’ Top3 all contain blends of 4 typical Languedoc grape varieties:
- Grenache (versatile with chocolate & pepper notes)
- Syrah: weighty & fruity
- Mourvedre: used in smaller doses than Grenache/Syrah for dark colour & leathery notes
- Carignan: (sometimes the Make or Break grape (!). Vinified well, it adds depth and silky tannins.
Suitable food combinations: Corbieres & Minervois reds will blend deliciously with winter menus items like: turkey, duck, beef potato/garlic dishes, winter vegetables like red cabbage. Cheese!